Interested in becoming a coach?
Ringette BC Coach Credential Information
The National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) is here to help you be the best coach that you can be. When you take an NCCP clinic, you’ll gain ringette technical abilities as well as leadership and decision-making skills. NCCP training will open doors to new opportunities in coaching and in life. For more information on the NCCP, please visit the Coaching Association of Canada’s website: www.coach.ca
How do I become a coach?
- Please note, the minimum age requirement to coach is 14 years of age
Ringette Canada offers the following NCCP workshops:
Community Sport – Initiation: First-time coaches and recreational-level ringette coaches will learn to create fun, safe environments while gaining a broader understanding of the game of ringette through this 10 hour in-class and on-ice workshop.
Competition – Introduction: Designed for coaches of U12 and higher, this in-class and on-ice workshop will prepare coaches to plan and execute fun and safe practices while introducing them to the technical and tactical elements relevant to ringette. Coaches will learn how to plan an entire season for their players by developing a deeper understanding of the guiding principles of LTAD while continuing to learn more complex technical and tactical skills for the sport.
Competition – Development: This advanced coach training workshop will prepare you to coach highly competitive ringette teams from Canada Games to national team level. Over the course of 27 hours, the identification and planning of the elements required for a consistent and progressive program lasting longer than one season will be covered, as well as how to break down skills and tactical analysis, and developing a comprehensive understanding of the areas and requirements for running an effective high performance ringette program outside of the game environment.
First you need a National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) number
Getting your NCCP#
- Go to www.coach.ca
- Click on the tab called The Locker
- Click on “Don’t have an account? Create one now!”
- Check the box “I agree”
- Check the box “I want to create a Locker account for access to my transcript, eLearning opportunities, to sign up for coaching events, and more!” – Fill in your info – Click Register
- Login to your email account and open the verification email that was sent to you
- Click on the “click here” at the very end of the email
- Create a password
- Click submit
- Click on the Icon “Profile”
- In the left hand corner of your screen under your name is your NCCP#
Next you will need to take a course
What course do you need?
FUN 1/FUN 2, U10, U12, U14 Club and Masters
Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches: Community Sport Initiation (CSI)
U16 Club, U19 Club, 18+ B/C
Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches: Competition Introduction (CI) Trained
U14 Zone, U16 Zone, U19 Zone, 18+A
Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches: Competition Introduction (CI) Certified
To register for a course:
- Go to http://www.coachingringette.ca
- You will need to register for an account
- Once logged on, click on Clinics
- Select British Columbia as a province, and the year of the course
- Click on register (SWRRA will refund the Clinic costs upon successful completion)
All Team Bench Staff must have the following courses in addition to their NCCP Coaching levels:
1. Making Ethical Decisions (MED) Module & Evaluation
2. Confirmation of Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
3. Signed Coaches Code of Conduct
In addition to the above courses all coaches should complete the following:
- Respect in Sport or Safe Sport (Coaching Association of Canada)
- Concussion Awareness Training or Making Headway in Sport
If you have any other questions, contact our Director of Coaching at email@example.com